Shaving or Epliating?

Evening All!

Sorry about slacking with the posts again, this evenings post is to gather some opinions on whether you all prefer epilating or shaving as both have their pro's and con's. About a year ago I purchased my Braun Silk Epil epilator, it was £60 or so at the time and I was so excited to use it (oh how I was in for a shock). I still remember the first time I used it, WORST pain I have ever felt in my life, it took me over an hour to do half a leg as I couldn't bare the burning pain! At the time I compared it to the level of pain I thought child birth would feel like haha, completing both legs felt like such an achievement and it was such a good feeling knowing after it was all done that the hair wouldn't grow back fully for a good 2 weeks, if not longer until such time as I would need to use the dreaded epilator again. I don't know many people that use epilators but as I have dark hair I feel it is a much more effective and saves having to shave every few days. For years I shaved my legs and got fed up of stubbly legs and having to shave so often, hair removal cream is way too expensive to keep using on your legs and I haven't quite manned up to waxing yet either.

So, The question is, what do you all do & what is best?
& For those that do epilate, any tips to stop it from hurting so much?!

1 comment

  1. Although shaving is quicker, I do prefer epilating if I have the time. The pain is pretty bad at first, but you get used to it. If you epilate on shorter hairs or pull your skin flat as you do it, it seems to numb the pain a bit too. I swear I've read a million tips on how to reduce the pain, but I just try and power through it! I can epilate my armpits now with minimal tears and that is an absolute Godsend. I find waxing a lot more painful than epilating xx
    www.lovelaughslipstick.com

    ReplyDelete